In the first episode of Season 7, host Conor Svensson interviews Bill Laboon, Head of Education and Grants at the Web3 Foundation.
"Polkadot is really best described as a bet against blockchain maximalism. That it makes sense to have different blockchains that can do different things. However, all of these blockchains share the same security, right? So if you're part of the Polkadot network, your parachain is as secure as any other parachain."
• Web3 Foundation: Nurturing and stewarding technologies and applications in the fields of decentralised web software protocols.
• Polkadot: Learn more about the Polkadot network and its innovative approach to blockchain interoperability and scalability.
• Substrate/Polkadot SDK: Explore the software development kit that allows you to create your own blockchains and parachains on the Polkadot network.
• Governance on Polkadot: Dive into the concept of on-chain governance and how it empowers participants to propose and implement changes to the Polkadot ecosystem. • Polkadot Wiki: A comprehensive resource to explore all aspects of Polkadot.
Contact Bill Laboon: Twitter | LinkedIn
Bill Laboon is the Head of Education and Grants at Web3 Foundation. Prior to the Web3 Foundation, he spent five years teaching Computer Science at the University of Pittsburgh. Bill also has several years of experience in software engineering and management. He is the author of two books: A Friendly Introduction to Software Testing, an undergraduate textbook; and Strength in Numbers, a near-future novel set in a world in which cryptocurrency has eliminated traditional money.
Connect with Us
Join the Web3 Innovators community and engage with like-minded individuals passionate about the potential of blockchain technology.
Contact Web3 Labs:Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook | Discord | Tiktok
• Explore Web3 Labs: Web3 Labs specialise in web3 solutions for enterprise.