What's next for layer 2?
April 05, 2023
In the tenth episode of our new season of Web3 Innovators, our host Conor Svensson is joined by Elena Sinelnikova is the Co-Founder and Decentralization Coordinator at Metis. She is also CEO at Crypto Chicks.
- How and why Elena founded Crypto Chicks
- The diversity of people working within Web3
- The advice that Elena would give to recruiters trying to encourage applicants from a more diverse background
- How Metis was formed to create the infrastructure for a layer 2 solution
- Other work that Metis is focusing on
- The biggest challenges with layer 2 networks
- Elena explains what ZK rollups and optimistic rollups are and the work Metis is doing to combat the challenges they face
- Elena’s advice for anyone wanting to become involved in Web3
- Where Elena believes Web3 technology will be in 10 years time
- When we opened Crypto Chicks back in 2016 at Conferences there were hardly any women, probably one or two women per thousand people. And now we see about half and half. So the picture changed dramatically. - Elena
- We wanted to create layer two. And not only layer two, we also wanted to create a Web3 economy where people can go create a business, find a job, create a nonprofit organisation, create their own project, and fundraise. - Elena
- Optimistic roll ups - and here is a little educational piece, is the transactions process in batches. So instead of adding transactions, one by one and saving them into layer one, layer two actually captures these transactions, bundles them up in one batch, and saves the whole batch into layer one. - Elena
- All layer twos are innovating. We already have successes where layer twos are lowering the cost quite significantly and also speeding up transactions quite significantly. - Elena
- So right now, for us, the most important part is we have this ability to build. We have the capability, we have great minds that are building and we know that we are bringing good to the world. - Elena
- We need more people, like entrepreneurs who create those ideas, create those businesses, who go and try and build and make mistakes. And we see in the space right now there are a lot of projects, but we can always have more because each one brings a very unique value proposition. - Elena
Follow Elena on Twitter
Connect with Us
Join the Web3 Innovators community and engage with like-minded individuals passionate about the potential of blockchain technology.
Contact Web3 Labs:Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook | Discord | Tiktok
• Explore Web3 Labs: Web3 Labs specialise in web3 solutions for enterprise.
• Email Web3 Labs
• Get Conor’s latest thoughts on Web3 and where we’re headed.