How will businesses transition to Web3?
February 22, 2023
In the fourth episode of our new season of Web3 Innovators, our host Conor Svensson is joined by David Palmer, a digital visionary and global platform innovator who works as Blockchain Lead at Vodafone Business IoT.
- How the technology innovation of blockchain initially made David interested in the space
- The opportunities he saw for blockchain to help shape the telco business model
- The four use cases they focused on when looking at the application of blockchain
- Digital Asset Broker and what it means for electronic vehicle charging
- How Web3 can bring new liquidity to assets
- David’s advice for those unsure about blockchain’s potential for their organisation or industry
- How David believes blockchain can bring new business and opportunities to external facing companies
- How Web3 will not exist in isolation and instead will be a component within the digital tool set
- Business opportunities as we move to the metaverse
- How David believes Web3 and blockchain technology will develop
- I saw an opportunity for blockchain to really reshape the telco business model and present new opportunities. - David
- So blockchain as a centre for trust and transaction settlement made a lot of sense. That is now live, so that was one of the proof of concepts. - David
- I'm a founder, innovator of, it's called the digital asset broker. This one was slightly different because it wasn't just using blockchain for trust, it was really using blockchain to create a whole new business for IoT devices. - David
- There is a blockchain based solution out there which has been implemented with some of the biggest companies in mobility in the world. And energy and Web3 and blockchain are a key component of that. - David
- I think services around identity are gonna be absolutely critical and a massive business opportunity. - David
- There's millions of people who are in poverty, millions of people who don't have access to business or a career or jobs or career paths. And It would be really exciting to see Web3 fill that void. - David
Connect with Us
Join the Web3 Innovators community and engage with like-minded individuals passionate about the potential of blockchain technology.
Contact Web3 Labs:Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook | Discord | Tiktok
• Explore Web3 Labs: Web3 Labs specialise in web3 solutions for enterprise.
• Email Web3 Labs
• Get Conor’s latest thoughts on Web3 and where we’re headed.