How is Web3 impacting Financial Services?
February 08, 2023
In the second episode of our new season of Web3 Innovators, our host Conor Svensson is joined by Bharat Gupta, Senior Principal for Financial Services and Insurance at Infosys, which is a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting
Bharat is focused on digital strategy for financial services clients covering crypto and blockchain advisory for new business initiatives.
- How blockchain as a technology initially sparked Bharat’s interest in the space
- The similarities he saw between mission critical systems and blockchain technology
- Why he became fully involved in 2019 after large organisations showed an interest in the space
- What Bharat believes will happen in the future with the digitisation of financial services
- How digitisation of product can help raise capital and introduce a wider customer base
- What regulation is currently like for financial services
- The scalability issues with the Bitcoin and Ethereum network and how these are being resolved
- How financial services are dealing with transparency and privacy on the network
- Bharat’s advice for anyone wanting to become involved in the space
- The projects Bharat is currently focusing on
- So that really intrigued me and then pulled me in completely. If large institutions are looking into this then I think it makes more sense for all of us to look into this space. - Bharat
- It was never a thought for financial services that they need to change their product. - Bharat
- So this whole new field has opened up for startups to raise capital. And how this is happening is because of that same underlying technology, and that's what I call digitisation of the product. - Bharat
- These networks are not designed for transit. These networks are designed for settlement. So I call it the base layer. Layer one networks are nothing, but it's a settlement networks. Whatever you need to do on top of it, that is your transaction layer. So transaction layer has to be very scalable
- Now they are building, and I believe that ecosystem will definitely thrive and then scale again, because Bitcoin would not just become a store of value, it will also become a transaction mechanism. - Bharat
Connect with Us
Join the Web3 Innovators community and engage with like-minded individuals passionate about the potential of blockchain technology.
Contact Web3 Labs:Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook | Discord | Tiktok
• Explore Web3 Labs: Web3 Labs specialise in web3 solutions for enterprise.
• Email Web3 Labs
• Get Conor’s latest thoughts on Web3 and where we’re headed.