In the third episode of our new season of Web3 Innovators, our host Conor Svensson is joined by Julian Kwan, Co-Founder at Investax. Investax is a Singapore licensed digital asset securities platform.
They provide key infrastructure to digitise real assets, so you can use them to buy, sell, trade, borrow or lend instantly, across the world, 24x7.
Julian has founded 6 companies over his 22-year career based in Asia, including social media/technology, real estate investment & development, proptech and blockchain. He is currently focused on building key digital infrastructure connecting TradFi (Traditional Finance) to DeFi (Decentralized Finance).
Connect with Julian on Twitter
- How Julian got started in the space.
- The importance of being licensed in a specific jurisdiction in order to provide a web3 type of service.
- Using technology as a better way to hold, issue and trade shares.
- DAOs living on Ethereum and finding ways to regulate this.
- NFTs as the future of memberships, communities and frequent flyers.
- Julian gives advice to those thinking about buying into an NFT, or crypto.
- “If you look at the public markets as we know them today, every significant expansion of capital is when new technology married that marketplace.” - Julian
- “You're either living in a cave or you don't understand what the Bitcoin White paper did to create such a kind of a paradigm shift in what is, how humans are exchanging value and how they communicate and how they actually exist.” - Julian
- “My vision was, if you open up your phone and you can see all your stocks on interactive brokers and you buy them really easily, why shouldn't we be able to do that with all of our assets?” - Julian
- “The more that there's institutional adoption for the whole space, the more that it does move towards the regulated space.” - Julian
- “The industry grows the volume of trades, volume of assets, and so if you're in that space as an investor, numerically, it's working for you. Even if philosophically it might be losing.” - Julian
Connect with Us
Join the Web3 Innovators community and engage with like-minded individuals passionate about the potential of blockchain technology.
Contact Web3 Labs:Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook | Discord | Tiktok
• Explore Web3 Labs: Web3 Labs specialise in web3 solutions for enterprise.
• Email Web3 Labs
• Get Conor’s latest thoughts on Web3 and where we’re headed.